Happy 2013! I am excited to be starting a new year– it really does feel like a clean slate in many ways and I am optimistic about what this year holds for all of us.
As the first day of 2013 comes to a close, I want to take just a moment to share some of the goals I have for myself this year. I’m really not a fan of “resolutions” because I think most people set New Years Resolutions that they have no real intention, desire, or plan to see-through for the year; so, when they fail, they get depressed and disappointed in themselves. To avoid setting myself up for failure, I choose to rather make lists of things that I want to do, learn, create, and experience in the coming year.
Here are two of my lists for you to get an idea of how I am focusing my energies in 2013.
In 2013, I want to learn how to:
- Make soap
- Make candles
- Shoot a gun
- Start plants from seedlings
- Grow a vegetable garden
- Speak Spanish (at least basic conversational Spanish)
In 2013, I want to create:
- At least one article of wearable clothing
- A thriving vegetable garden
- A warm, cozy living environment
- A successful online store
- An organized work space for all of my projects and creative work
- An eBook
What are your goals and/or plans for 2013? What will you be learning and creating this year? Share in the comments section below!